Christian Education, Youth & Family Ministry
The mission of The United Church of Christ, Congregational’s Christian education program is to help children and youth grow in their own faith.
Sunday School is provided for children from kindergarten through ninth grade.
All children attend the beginning of the worship service with their families at 10:30 am, then head to their classes following Children’s Time. Sunday School ends at the same time as the worship service.
There are three separate classes:
- kindergarten through 2nd grade;
Nursery care is available for younger children and infants.
We are currently using “Gather ‘Round” curriculum, a Bible-based program that nurtures our children and youth in becoming followers of Jesus. All ages study the same Bible story each week. The lessons are reinforced with various games and crafts.
Special annual programs include:
- Vacation Bible School in the summer.
In our acolyte class, students in 5th and 6th grades learn the history of our church and faith, as well as its symbols and traditions, so that they may assist during worship services.
We offer confirmation for students going into 8th grade. This year-long program is taught by the minister. The students confirm their dedication to God in May, and are accepted as adult members of the church at that time.
We offer Christian education opportunities for children, youth and adults.
- Summer Youth Reteat at our Lakefront Retreat
- Flower Marshalls who help Vermilion In Bloom water flowers throughout the community
- Earth Day & Recycling Programs
- Interfaith Hospitality Network - serving homeless families in need
- Community-wide Vacation Bible School
- Collections for Vermilion's Food Pantry
- Easter Baskets for Food Pantry
- Christmas Carolling to homebound residents
Just some of our projects...
Shelly Innes is our Director of Christian Education. She is a certified public school teacher, and the mother of two. She is a lifelong member of our church.
990 State Street, Vermilion, Ohio 44089 440-967-5212